Looking Through the Same Window
I took this picture of my mother-in-law
looking out Uncle Grant’s kitchen window the day we put him to rest. He sat in
that same chair looking out the same window daily for decades. Often, I bet his
wife, Aunt Dora cooked bacon and eggs while he gazed out at the blanket of snow
on the ground and could smell the aroma of breakfast. For Uncle Grant it was a
common occurrence and missed after his sweetheart passed away. Loneliness soon
filled the air that was once filled with those smells of bacon and eggs.
Even though this is the same
window that both Uncle Grant and my mother-in-law looked out at during different
seasons of their lives. Different thoughts, different emotions, different
desires. I even looked out of that window and noticed a different scene than Uncle
Grant and my mother-in-law into a world we all see in a different setting,
different moment, and different time. We were all in a different season of
life. Trials poured into each one of our lives, and we each approached it in a unique
way.
When I was in the final
stages of editing my book Perfect Rose Cracked Vase, I realized each member of
my family saw the world in a different way. Each one of us experienced growth,
rejection, love, jealousy, hurt, pain, and emotional trials. Even though we
lived under the same roof, cooked in the same stove and used the same bathroom,
we all saw the world differently.
We need to embrace each
other’s unique styles, traits, and talents. Love unconditionally and remember
we are all valuable, priceless human beings that see through the same window
and are blessed to see a different view into the life we have been given. I personally
see life through one eye that gives me a full view of what is important to me
and that is my family, friends, and all those who breathe the air I breathe. We
share the air, we share the sun, we share the moon and the stars. We can freely
distribute love that God has blessed us to share.
Life is short, time is precious,
and memories with loved ones should be treasured.
No comments:
Post a Comment