Monday, March 24, 2014

LIFE

A journey, an experience, a trial, a joy.

People interest me...they help me to recognize my faults. Where I've messed up and why I respond with certain behaviors. Friends, family, and my children have helped me to sort out my own definition of who I am and what I stand for.

Yesterday, I observed people saying bye to each other. Hugging a loved one with a kiss on a cheek. Others made a point to have eye contact. Some gave a wave of the hand and the common famous words, "Good Bye"

My perspective of each of them, I am sure, was much different. I saw them in a light that I don't think anyone in the room saw. Maybe one or two did, but I doubt it.

I'm sold on the idea that hurtful words can damage the soul. Making you travel on a road you didn't chose or really want, but one you are forced to walk or ride on. I'm a believer that a hug, a smile, or compliment can have a lasting impact on relationships and lives.

The words you speak, the jealously you have towards another person. The fact you let others know you are better, because of your wealth, standing in the family or because you are always right and no one else can say anything.

Why do we hold on to the past? Why do we let the past affect what choices we make when we are older? My choices at the age of ten did mold my teenager years. Then, when I was a teenager the
choices I made have formed me unto the woman I am now. A woman who is lost at times, over the fact I dreamt of a future much different than the one I am living.

Why do we let others bring the worst or the best out of us? Why do we stand shaken with guilt over someone else's problems or mishaps? Why do we look at someone and wonder why they got the better end of the stick?

I'm not the jealous type and I don't give a darn if someone has a expensive car, lives in large big house or has the nicest furniture. Those objects can never hug you, love or praise you. They only last as long as they hold up.

One mean, hurtful word can leave a scar. A scar that makes life useless, meaningless and not of value. Making the scar seem impossible to ever heal.

Anger, sadness, joy, sorrow, frustration, guilt, peace, laughter, loss, and love are only few definition of what my journey in life has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment