Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Im getting hearing aids!


I have Congenital Rubella Syndrome caused from my mother having the German Measles while 4-6 weeks pregnant with me. So, I had Rubella when I was a fetus which gave me birth defects. I'm blind in my right eye and have no hearing in my right ear.

I'm thrilled that next Tuesday I'm getting my first set of hearing aids. I'm nervous about how I will cope with having something in my ear, but excited that I will be able to hear birds chirp, cars coming down the road, conversations that I miss out on because I can't hear everything that's been said. I won't have to ask, “what did you say?” It has been even more difficult to be a part of a conversation when people are on my blind side and miss their respondes and facial expressions.

For those of you who have hearing aids can you share with me how you first got use to them? Any advice would be a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! I never knew birds sang outside my bedroom window each morning and evening until i got my hearing aides.

    ReplyDelete