Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Alone even when surrounded by people.

How often have you been surrounded by others and still felt like you were alone?  Have you ever been with a group of people and felt like you were the oddball?  As if your comments would not be important to the conversation. So, you decide to stay on the side-line and not contribute. I know for me, I will admit, often I feel like I am the outsider when I'm with a group of friends or family. When I listen to the conversation I process what they are saying and sometimes feel a need to say something, but I end up staying quiet and letting them make an opinion.
Why do we feel this way or act this way? Why do we let others action dictate how we will respond to a question or problem?
I have always felt a need to have a witness to why I said something or did something.

I wonder if its because the of the way I was brought up. Was it because the way my grandmother was or the way I was treated at school.? You know me the one eyed freak.

Why do we let others opinions about us dictate how we feel about ourselves?


No comments:

Post a Comment