Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer of 1993

My journey through life has been filled with questions, lots of questions. I wondered if I asked for them in heaven before I was born. Experiences of being blind as a baby, toddler, and then after I had three beautiful children. Not able to see. Not able to see a smile that stretches across my children faces. Not able to see if there is a stain on their clothing or if the girls had appropriate outfits on. 

The summer of 1993, will be a summer I would never want to relive, even though I learned a great deal .A summer that taught me how valuable it is to see. To be able to see if there is a bug on your food or to look into your children's eyes.To be able to see the sunset or rain that I could smell. It was the first time ever in my life I craved to stare at my self in the mirror, and be reminded of the deformed eye that was a product from Congenital Rubella Syndrome. My deformed eye always awaken me to believe that I'm a one eyed freak. It was a nick name I was given as a child.  I hoped and prayed  that the surgery I had would help the glaucoma that has pierced my life. Daily eye drops that sometimes seemed like a waste. The challenge of making sure I aimed the eye drops seemed like a over rated trial, but one I deal with daily.




No comments:

Post a Comment