Friday, February 15, 2013

Life!

 
Romeo...where did you go?
Sherlock Holmes who are you investigating?
Santa how many cookies did you eat Christmas Eve?
 

Life is filled with questions…guesses and thoughts of what next.

How did I end up where I am?
Why did my mother and father have to die?
Why did my mother have the German Mealses while pregnant with me?
Why do I have to live with CRS (Congenital Rubella Syndrome)?
Why am I blind in my right eye?
Why did I have five children and not 27?
Why do I love to soak my feet in a wintry creek?
How many of us picture ourselves differently than how we feel deep inside?
I know for me. I see myself as a sensitive soul who can’t stand the sight of an elderly person with run down clothes and their head drooping.

Each tick of the clock brings a new life, a death, a break up, and true love embraced in someone’s life.


I love how the wind blows against my face and brings a gentle sound to my ears.
I love how my flowers reach for the sky for a new adventure with the sun.
I love how my grandson’s smile reaches his ears
and a simultaneously giggle fills the room.
I love it when my granddaughter lays her head on my chest and sleeps peacefully.
My questions, thoughts, and guesses are what keep my life full of wonderful adventures.

I’m thankful for my vision.
 I’m thankful for the opportunity to be one of the few who survived from
Congenital Rubella Syndrome.

 I’m thankful for the time I had with my parents.
I’m thankful for the opportunity to write a novel.
It made me strip every fabric of my skin; it made me unveil my pain, my trials, but most of all it HELPED ME to feel a warmth of gratitude.
 It gave me a firm foundation that anyone can survive ANYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment