Saturday, June 11, 2016

What If ?

Have you ever had the what if syndrome come suddenly?  I have, an it makes my head spin and heart beat faster. The what if syndrome of, if only had done this or done that. If only I had remembered. If only I had let my children understand the reasoning. If only I had...the list of what if's could go on. 
As I think back to my childhood and the way life was and the way I interpreted I see hiccups of what if's. These what if's have brought frustration and I wonder why I worry about the what if's.
When I was a young girl around ten I never thought about the what if's. When I was dating I never thought about the what if's. When I was a young adult I never thought about the what if's. 
I wish I could call my mother and ask her about her what if's. Did she or my father have them? They had too.
Didn't they? 
As my favorite sayings goes that I wrote,
 "Take time to smell the roses, cause when they are gone you will wish you had."

 I remember one of my conversations with my grandfather Spencer and sharing with with him my favorite quote I wrote, taking time to smell the roses, after we had discussed having a get together. He seemed to shrugged off my quote, but he excepted the idea of having a get together. 

How many times I wish I could go back in time and repeat choices I had made. 
What if's that could turned out differently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment