Thursday, June 21, 2018

Writing a link to expression

There have been times when I can feel relief after I have written down my thoughts and feelings. It gives me a sense of fulfillment to write on paper. 

I have witness through my mother's writings how her true self is written on paper. Her raw emotional feelings that gave her a sense of fulfillment like it does for me. She was never able to feel valued around others including her parents so she turned to writing and letting all the emotions run out on to the paper. 

Now that she has passed I see how the most valuable gift she has left me is her writings. Her deep feelings that are capture on paper. I see writing like a picture. It captures a scene that gives a view into another persons world. 

Like when you read a book and take in the story you can feel like you are in the story or watching it as it its a movie you are a part of. 

Journals are not popular like Facebook and Instagram are, they have become the new way of journaling. I personally feel keeping a written hand journal is still the most valuable way to capture those important events, stories and trials. 

Should we put on paper our problems, trials and concerns? I have learn so much from reading my mothers struggles, concerns and trials. Her experiences have given me a different perspective on how to cope in this world we all live in. She dealt with depression, anxiety and physical pain and to be able to read her thoughts of how she coped has been a blessing to me. 

Oh how I miss her. I miss her birthday messages and stories. I miss her voice and comforting words. 
I hope I can give to my daughters the same comfort she gave to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment